Monday, September 8, 2014

MTC

     Everything went smooth with the flight. We got off the plane and into the airport and everything was in portuguese.  Sao Paulo is a bigger city than I thought.  There's skyscrapers and everything everywhere.  Its kind of baptism by fire around here.  They don't let us speak english very often so its been pretty hard but we are learning fast.
 
     Its kind of the same thing every day here.  We just wake up eat breakfast study and then a teacher  comes and teaches us portuguese and then we eat lunch.  After lunch we prepare a lesson in portuguese every day for a fake investigator.  Then we study more and exercise and just go to bed. On tuesdays and sundays we have devotionals.  I have learned a lot of portuguese in not very much time though.  My companion is kind of weird but he's alright.  He's from Nampa Idaho
 
     The MTC is in a ghetto but the people are pretty nice here.  Everyone has been telling me Santos is really nice though.  They don't really speak english so they just say "Beaches".  Letters take about 2-3 weeks to get here I've heard.  As far as the retainer goes I'm not sure how.  I would say just mail it a couple weeks before I get out of the MTC that way hopefully I'll be in the field by then.  I'll keep you posted. 
 
    The temple here is awesome.  Everything is a lot harder in portuguese.  We take our passports to the police in a couple weeks.  Sorry I don't have very much time but I'll try to tell you as much as I can.  It's fine that I didn't have temple shoes because they give them to us for free.  Wednesdays are my P day.  I hope things are going good.  Sorry thats kind of a short run down but I'll try and write you a letter and tell you more next week.  I love you and I'll talk to you next week! Tell everybody hi and that I love them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment